Monday, February 22, 2010

Album Review: The Reminders

What's going on world? It has been a while but I needed to take some time and figure out my life and how hip hop was and is going to be apart of it. And to start things back up I have chosen to do an album review about The Reminders. This duo are some very insightful Muslim emcees. They are a group which I have actually gotten the opportunity to meet on a few occasions. They are a Hip Hop couple out of the Colorado area. The group is comprised of Aja Black a deep and conscious Femcee. She rhymes as well as sings with a good voice. Her in my opinion should be up there with a Jean Grae type. With her husband Big Samir who is also an emcee in both English and French. Their cd “The Reminders ReCollect,” is a mix of sounds of quality lyrics with solid beats to carry the whole cd. We see them perform different styles of songs. Covering many different topics from having self empowerment. To how they have grown up. This is one of the underground cds that I can honestly say is on the Zune right now. From beginning to end. The song I would highlight is Aja Black’s “I’ll 4 Life” This shows us that female’s who want to be lyrical can do it. Her word play in this song is amazing. The way she strung together sicknesses with Hip Hop metaphors is top notch to say the least. I would tell you to go and get a copy of this album

 

5 Oh Crispy’s out of 5

And to hear their music go here to take a listen to some dope emcees.

No comments: