Monday, February 25, 2013

Does Size Matter?

                  Now this is something most people are familiar with. Hard drive space…what, didn’t see that coming huh? More so does the size of your music collection take away from how much you support musical artists? I’ll admit I have a lot of music. What I call my “crate,” to those hip hop heads, full of promotional music. Yet I do support these artists as well. My question really is does the space on your hard drive used to download those cd’s mixtapes and singles take away from how much work you support these artists? All those zip files add up. All that hard work that it took to put that album out. With one click, it’s now yours. Why is the music industry so vested in this topic? Some may say, “If I download this cd, it won’t matter a million others will buy it. Everything will be okay.” See that flaw in that logic, a) if a thousand people think that way, that’s a lot of money gone for everyone. Some artists will change their music entirely because of this. B) If you’re hard work keeps getting taken why would you keep putting music out.

               The music industry continues to fight back but the Zshares and Utorrents keep winning. My question to you is how do you justify downloading music?

No comments: